Sunday, September 15, 2024

Sunday Practice


 The Details:

It's 60 at the house. The sunrise was at 6:31. It's Sunday and it looks like another lovely day, starting off cool but up to 80 this afternoon.


The Practice:

I started with acoustic guitar practice then I went out to The Barn and did a resistance training session with TRX Straps, dumbbells and push ups.

Next I went outside to do a round of Taiji Double Dao with my Dragon Canes. Focused on how this form has movements that are excellent for shoulder health. All the circles around the head with weight (Broadswords) are fabulous for shoulder health and shoulder rehab (when adjusted properly) 

Next I went out onto The Stone Patio and did a round of The 10. I've been focusing on the original set that I learned from Grandmaster Leung Kay-Chi. I also reviewed the Baji (8 stances: 1. Horse Stance 2. Bow & Arrow Stance 3. Tiger Crouching Stance 4. Cross Leg Stance 5. Empty Stance 6. Taiji Stance 7. Unicorn Stance 8. Chicken [Rooster?] Stance)

Next I did a Round of Taiji (right side) to Master Liang counting out the beats to his music. I focused on embodying the Taiji Principles described in the Taiji Classics. I recited the classics during Part I

Next I did a round of Anyo Apat tuned into the flow and the applications.

Next I did a round of Kusanku Kata focused on agility, especially the Zen Dashi throughout the Kata.

I finished with Healing Qigong

Afterwards I did medium drum set practice in The Barn. I'm loving my Tama kit with the 18" bass drum. I'm finding with D112 on the front head the 18" bass drum performs well. It does need the mike on the front head.