Thursday, September 19, 2024

Thursday Practice


 The Details:

It's 60 at the house. The sunrise was at 6:35. It's forecast to be another nice day. Maybe the last warm one. It looks like the temperature will be slowly dropping with highs in the 60's in the afternoon. Oh boy here it comes. 


The Practice:

I started out with an acoustic guitar practice. It's coming slowly!!

After guitar practice I went out to my main practice area and did a full round of The 10+ 

I continue to flush out the material that I'll be presenting at the upcoming Seminar on The 10+ at the end of the month. 

This will be the first time that I'll be explaining what and how I'm practicing these very important (IMO) exercises. 

I'll be explaining how to upgrade them to good quality Qigong, a cut above mere calisthenics. 

I'll also explain how to extract the foundation of martial arts and self-defense training from this set. 


***These are an amazing collection of exercises. They are excellent for maintaining robust health and provide an excellent foundation for advanced martial arts training; 'it' is all in The 10+! 

I hope you can make it. 

I did a full round of Yin Fu 8 Palms focused on the low squat and the quality of my Circle Walking. I used both the Mud Treading Set and the Lion Step. I'm making progress on this set!

Next I did a Round of Taiji (right side) tuned into maintaining and monitoring my state of mind and encouraging a Tranquil State throughout the Round. 

Next I did a short Standing Post Training (SPT) and Healing Qigong.
I've been having an interesting experience feeling Song/Peng while doing SPT. I think it's from the Dragons Back exercises that I recently put into The 10+; it's paying dividends.

Next I did a round of Anyo Isa focused on full extension of punches and a light feeling during the Progressive Steps.

Next I did a round of Naihnchi Kata the changes that I'm making to this Kata are flushing out. 

I ended with Circle Walking around my Bagua Poles and a little bit of weeding and leaf pick up in my practice area.