Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Wednesday Practice

 

The Photo:

The sunrise was at 7:09 with high tide forecast to be 8:57. It was warmer than yesterday. I didn't need the gloves I brought. It was almost a complete grey, cloudy wash out this morning. There was just a smidge of color on the horizon as the sun rose. The wind was briskly coming from the N N/E. It was windy but not that cold....Yay! The sea was angry!! The forecast is for severe beach erosion over the next few days...Crap!


The Practice:

The tide and wind were such that there was no hard packed sand to practice on. I am learning a lot from working out on soft sand. The softer sand is challenging to not strain my feet and ankles. I have to step very evenly as if I was walking on crusty snow trying not to breakthrough. Very even pressure on my feet before I put any weight on the foot. I was about 85-90% successful. 

I started with a full round of The 10+ followed by a Round (left side) focusing on my empty stepping and relaxed balance. I had a profound connection to natures energies. 

Next I reviewed Anyo Isa and Nihanchi Kata focused on proper extension of strikes and kicks, maintaining relaxed balance throughout.

Next I used my heavy Dragon Canes to do Modern Arnis and other basics (double cane basics). I'm slowly getting used to the weight of the the Dragon Canes.


Notes:

I only saw two folks on the beach this morning. One of them was GG with Shy and Echo. I guess the weather kept folks off the beach. Yay! I always cherish the solitude by the sea.


                                                  Shy, GG and Echo at sunrise.