Thursday, January 11, 2024

Thursday Practice


 

The Photo:

The sunrise was at 7:19, high tide at 8:28. It's cold this morning 50 at the house but there was very little wind. I dressed for it. Still my fingers were getting cold by the end of the session.

The Practice:

There was very little beach and no hard packed sand to practice on. I made due! Focusing on firm footing and even weight on the soles of my feet.

I started with The 10+ focusing on Song Gong with Hun/Haah Earth Breathing (which I've regularly been using throughout my practices morning and afternoon/evening). 

Next I did a Round (right side) paying close attention to even footing, stance work, relaxed balance (Song) and Hun/Haah breathing.

Next I reviewed Anyo Dalawa (#2) and Seisan Kata working on good technique, stance work and flow.

Next I reviewed the Tai-Chi Double Broadsword form with my dragon canes.

I made it to the Nautilus Gym yesterday and reviewed all three Staff forms and Tai-Chi 13 Spear sets 1, 2, and 3. 

The more I review these forms the more nuance and detail I'm able to add. Yay!!