Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Wednesday Practice

 

                                       Sunrise this morning, shot with my Sony mirrorless camera.

                                              Shot with my Motorola phone camera

The Details:

I got down to the beach slightly later than normal so I didn't get any of the predawn color. But I did get the big ball rising out of the ocean.

The sunrise was at 7:14, low tide at 6:35. It's 50 here at the house. It was a few degrees warmer than the last few days. Yay!! It was clear and cloudless. There was a breeze but it was coming in from the west so the beach was in the lee. I was slightly overdressed. It's tough to know exactly how many layers to put on. In retrospect I didn't need the initial layer of technical undergarments, top and bottoms.

The tide was low so I practiced in the hard packed but wet sand right near the water line.

I played push-hands with the ocean....I kept my sneakers dry!

The Practice:

I started with a full warm up using The 10+

Next I did a Round (right side) focused on my *breathing.

*I contemplated the notion breathing very softly as if a goose down feather was in front of my nose, attempting breath so softly that the goose feather doesn't move. Limiting my oxygen intake and stimulating the release of inherent oxygen in my cells (blood?) 

I had a profound connection to the horizon and the energies of nature that were all around me. 

I've been adjusting the helping hand in my 'press' postures; In Part I on hand, in Part II on wrist and Part III on forearm. 

Next I did a round of Anyo Pito and Kusanku Kata focused on agility. The sequences and techniques in the American Karate-Do and Modern Arnis empty hand forms is becoming clearer and clearer, as the day's and week's go by. Now that I'm doing these forms regularly again, surprise, surprise they are improving!

Whatever you don't use....You lose! IF you want to keep IT you have to do it. 

Next I did a round of Taiji Jian form with my walking cane focused on the tip of the weapon. I imagined that the cane was razor sharp.

I finished with a Healing Qigong as I returned to the house.