Monday, May 20, 2024

Monday Practice - Take care of ourselves -

 


The Details:

It's 53 here at the house. The sunrise was at 5:23.

The Practice:

I practiced on The Patio in front of The Barn this morning. I've got a doctors appointment at 11 this morning, so I was on a schedule.

I started with a full round of The 10+ tuned into transformation and principles.

Next I did a Round (right side) tuned into taking care of myself. How does doing a Round a Day translate to abundant health as we age? I can't quite put my finger on exactly why, but I do enjoy the benefits of daily Taiji Quan practice. It's a marvelous and intelligent form of exercise for mind, body and spirit! I feel lucky to have it in my life.

Next I did a round of Anyo Isa tuned in the quality of my basics and postures. 

Next I did a round of Naihanchi Kata tuned into the changes that I'm making to that form. I think I've got it pretty well flushed out, in the end it looks like just a couple of changes; Taking out the finger strikes and the second double pivot. 

Note:

A quote to reflect on:

                                                                    Thich Nhat Hanh

"To take care of ourselves, 

we take care of those around us."