Saturday, May 18, 2024

Saturday Practice - Live in the present moment

 

                                     I shot this with my phone camera facing S S/E from The Deck.


The details:

It's 59 at the house. Sunrise was at 5:25.


The Practice:

I practiced on The Deck this morning.

I started with a full round of The 10+ tuned into the opening of my body and mind and connecting to the spring Qi.

Next I did a Round (right side) tuned into the being in the present moment and realizing that if you were truly in the present moment you would loose the sequence of the form. So there's a balance of being IN the moment but do to the point where you loose your place in the form. Cool!!

I ended with a Healing Qigong before returning to preparations for the graduation party tomorrow afternoon.

So much to do!!

A quote from Thich Nhat Hanh:

"One of the basic teachings of the Buddha

is that it is possible to live happily 

in the present moment."