Thursday, May 23, 2024

Thursday Practice - Looking deeply at one thing -


                   I shot this with my phone camera looking west in front of The Barn.


The Details:

It's 64 here at the house. Sunrise was at 5:21


The Practice:

I practiced on the stone patio in front of The Barn.

I started with a modified warm up using the beginning of Master Ray's 30 warm ups interspersed with The 10+.

Next I did a Round (right side) tuned into the continued and subtle transformation that I'm receiving as I practice Taiji daily. I'm in my third decade of consistent daily practice. What a marvelous and mysterious exercise.

Next I did a round of Anyo Dalawa tuned into the overall quality of the form

Next a short session of double stick basics using my Dragon Sticks.

I had a long conversation with Brian Z. I'm planning on participating in the next Modern Arnis 'Round Table' discussion next Wed. evening


"Looking deeply at any one thing,

 we see the whole cosmos."

Thich Nhat Hanh