Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Wednesday Practice - Compassion is born of understanding -

 


I shot this with my phone camera looking south from in front of the 3rd bay of my garage. 

The Details:

It was 65 here at the house. Sunrise was at 5:21.



The Practice:

I did a Round (right side) in the driveway tuned into the constant transformation that occurs when one practices the principles when doing a Round of Taiji daily.

I drove down to Hatfield to work with Paul. I met Read there at 10.

We started with a warm up in Paul's Taiji Room.

I suggested to Paul:

 A wider stance 

Big open circles 

Circles in both directions

Turning palms up and down, in and out

The Introduction to the solo form - Six Counts

Reverse Punches with resistance

Single Hand Push-Hands

I finished with a little conversation with Jean.

Paul was tired.



"Compassion is always born of understanding,

and understanding is the result of looking deeply."

Thich Nhat Hanh