Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Tuesday Practice @ The Studio

 

I shot this with my phone camera after class this morning. 


The Details:

It was 57 at the house. Sunrise was at 5:29. 


The Practice:

i went into The Studio this morning to teach the Taiji and Qigong class from 8-9:30. 

I started with a short talk about the importance of 

- Doing This / Don't Do That. 

- Going At Your Own Pace

- Listening and adjusting moment by moment.

-  Some theory on how to stretch your fascia. 

- Hun/Haaa Breathing

I started with a round of Taiji Qigong (The 21) tuned into Breathing and Opening/Stretching.

Next i did a round of The 10+ with just a little explanation on #3, #6, #9 and #10+ (too much material to share here.)

Next I did a Round of Taiji Quan tuned into the space/no space between the postures. We also tuned into Zhong Ding (relaxed and consistent balance) throughout. 

I finished with a Healing Qigong

After class I did a couple of rounds of Taiji Jian with Jeff, Janee and Read.

I finished with a row or two of Lazy D on the left side.

I stayed and talked with Jeff until about 11......His back is an issue. I hope he can work through it! Lower backs are tough! Especially for a martial arts teacher!!