Monday, July 8, 2024

Monday Practice


         Standing practice at New Smyrna Beach last season. I'm missing sunrise practices by the sea.


The Details:

It's 62 at the house. The sunrise was at 5:21. It's forecast to be super hot again but the house is a cool 68 first thing this morning. Johan and Dave started The Deck this morning. Yay! We put the awning out but the heat is going to be an issue! It's forecast to be in the 90's this afternoon. Yikes!!


The Practice:

I practiced in the dinning/living room space downstairs so that I could stay with Echo. The guys are making a racket on the deck with power saws and hammering. Echo is on high alert and needs comforting....so....

I started with a full round of The 10+ tuned into strengthening and lengthening and the health benefit from daily practice. I've been skimping on these while I was traveling in Europe, especially on the days of air and bus travel. So I've been disciplining myself to do a Full round of these Qigong exercises. I realize how important they are to my longevity and agility.

Next I did a Round (left side) tuned into embodying Taiji Classic principles throughout the Round.

Next I did a round of Wuji Hundun Qigong using the introduction (sun rising) and The Teacup series.

Next I did a round of Anyo Lima tuned into agility and quality stance work.

Next I did a round of Chinto Kata tuned into agility and full extension on kicks and punches.

I finished with a Healing Qigong.