Saturday, July 6, 2024

Saturday Practice

 


I walked around the back field looking for a cool (ish) spot to practice. I shot this with my phone camera looking west across The Stone Wall. I practiced in the little level spot just to the west of this opening in The Wall. It's the first time I've practiced here. I have so many wonderful practice spots here in Leyden. With gratitude and appreciation!

The Details:

It was 72 this morning, rainy and humid. The sunrise was at 5:19. I'm still sick, although the antibiotics are starting to kick in. Oy!


The Practice:

It's super hot and humid out and I'm still feeling like crap. Feeling very fatigued and no juice, but I'm going to go out and find a cool place to practice. I'm going to take a walk around the property to warm up. Another day of 'getting it in' I guess....Ugh!

It's super hot and muggy and I'm not feeling well....Great combination! NOT!

I stumbled on this shady, cool (ish) spot just west of The Stone Wall. There was also a nice breeze coming in from the south. I was as comfortable as I could be, all things considered.

I started with a walk then after I found The Spot I did a short version of The 10+. I'm starting to consider the timing of these for the upcoming Seminar I'm offering on The 10+ later this month. (Sunday July 21st 9-12)

Next I did a Round of Taiji (left side) tuned into 1. Staying on the left side 2. Maintaining the correct sequence 3. Monitoring The Taiji Principles described in The Taiji Classics.

I was out of gas and a sweaty mess and I needed water, so after a short Standing session focused on Ting/Song I ended with a Healing Qigong as I was returning to the house.

A little writing and a rest is in order.

Thanks for bearing with me through this illness.....These foreign bugs are persistent and difficult to shake. Oy!

email Sifu Roy