Friday, August 23, 2024

Friday Practice


                                        The Deck looks south towards Beaver Meadow.

The Details:

It's 54 at the house. The sunrise was at 6:06. We have the Anson Tree Service from Guilford today. Oy!


The Practice:

2 Anson Tree guys, with a bucket truck, chipper & truck and chain saws here for the day. A last minute opening came up for these guys; They called at 5 last night to see if we could possibly be here to answer questions today. We were thinking we needed to get the work scheduled before we leave for NSB Nov. 1st. As luck (magic?) would have it... here they are!! It's a bit noisy out there. They started working right around my garage and my main practice area. Big Greenie (large maple tree) has grown over the garage. Not good!

I decided to practice on The Deck to get as far from the noise as I could. Still.......Oy!

I started with a full round of The 10+ I've been reworking #7 & 9 adding Dragon's Back to #7 and Fa Jin to #9.

I've been having a tough time motivating myself to 'get started' and reminding myself when I feel like that (cleansing closets instead of training) to NOT over think....Just DO it. I often reflect on how I approach my rather lengthy oral care routine that I do before going to bed at night. I rarely feel like doing that but I 'do it' by not thinking just doing.

Next I did a Round of Taiji (left side) reciting the Taiji Classics while practicing. Calibrating what my mind is tuned into:  What I call "Correct Thinking".

Next I did a Healing Qigong in a Standing Meditation Posture

Next I did a round of Anyo Walo focused on full extension and applications.

Next I did a round of Sanchin Kata focused on the timing of the punches and connecting the T'an T'ien with the techniques.