Saturday, August 10, 2024

Saturday Practice


The Details:

It's 69 at the house. Clear sky's and warm temperatures forecast. The sunrise was at 5:52. There's a family party at my sister's this afternoon. 


The Practice:


I started out in The Barn with a full drum set practice. 

Next I did a resistance training session with my TRX Straps, Push-Up Bars and Dumbbells.

Afterwards I went out to my main practice area and did a Baguazhang practice emphasizing Snake and Hawk Palm and all three variations on #3 from Yin Fu 8 Palms and Yin Fu 8 Linking Palms from Dr. Leung.

Next I did a full round of The 10+ focused on health

Next I did a Round of Taiji (right side) focused on third party observation:

I was curious to observe what it feels to be in an aging body that has been doing Taiji and Qigong/Neigong for decades. It was an interesting experience, impossible to describe. I will say that I felt a profound connection to all that is.

Note: I had two deer a hundred or so yards away grazing the entire time that I did my practice. I always take it as a good sign that I'm properly 'calibrated' when wild animals feel safe while I move. Incredible experience!

Next I did a short Standing session

Next I did a round of Anyo Anim tuned into the application and health benefits 

Next I did a round of Wansu Kata focused on quality techniques and agility.

I finished with a Healing Qigong