Thursday, August 15, 2024

Thursday Practice

 

The Details:

It's 68 at the house. The sunrise was at 5:58. It's forecast to be another beautiful day. I've got a guitar lesson scheduled for 12:30 and music with Shubal and Bobby V. at 2. We're going to work on a set for Shubal's upcoming birthday party on the 25th.

The Practice:

I started by schlepping most of the PA out to The Barn. I've got friends coming to play music this afternoon, it's the first music in The Barn this season. Better late than never! Eh?

I started my practice on The Stone Patio with a full round of The 10+ listening to a jam that I had recorded on my Sony MD recorder/player.

I was focused on the health benefits of daily rounds of The 10+. Truly marvelous exercises. Bow to Dr. Leung for teaching me the originals and all the other teachers over the years that have contributed to my current version....BOW from the waist! With gratitude and appreciation.

Next I did a Round of Taiji (right side) tuned into creating a profound connection to Nature's energies. I had an especially strong connection during Jade Maiden.

I also tuned into transferring Zhong Ding from one foot to the other and the magic that occurs when switching feet/legs. Truly an amazing experience. One that I find impossible to put into language. It's an inner feeling, a particular cocktail of chemicals that are properly calibrated to result in the feeling of 'root' or Qi sinking during the transfer from right to left and left to right foot/leg all the while maintaining a relaxed, but solid root. 

I ended with a Standing session with a Healing Qigong at the end.