Monday, April 12, 2021

Beach practice this morning!


 Made it out to the beach for sunrise this morning. Not much for color, but still beautiful.

The beach was almost empty of tourists so after shooting a few photos I decided to do my morning practice on the beach.

The temperature was perfect (mid 60's) with a slight breeze coming out of the South; Just enough to keep the no-see-ums down. The tide was about 1/2 out, so I started my warm up (The 10 Exercises & qigong/ I Ch'uan) in the softer sand and as the tide went out I moved  closer to the water line to do a 'round' of Tai-Chi (left side). 

I've got to be really carful practicing in the softer sand so that I don't strain my feet/ankles/Achilles tendons. I've hurt myself in past years practicing Bagua Zhang in the soft sand. The sand is just not stable enough to do the one leg balancing that is required, without straining. 

I hope your personal practice is going well. Even though we all have more time, that does not always translate into more practice. Motivation and morale can be hard to come by during these trying times.

If you're having trouble....Welcome to the club;^)  We are ALL struggling in one way or another. 

 My advice when you are Re-Starting a practice; "Just Do It", Do NOT overthink it, or wait for the perfect moment.....Just Do It.....START TODAY.....Don't wait....Start now!

Sifu