Friday, March 17, 2023

Friday St. Patrick's Day Practice

 

The Photo:

Sunrise was 7:32 this morning. The last low tide was at 6:02, the tide was coming in. A bit cool at 60 with a soft W S/W breeze. Plenty of hard packed sand to practice on.

The Practice:

I had a great Warm Up session this morning focusing on identifying the feeling of 'activating' my fascia and connective tissue, while getting the belly of the larger muscles to stay relaxed, so that they stay full length and do not shorten by contracting more than they need to. The goal is to maintain a whole body state of Song [relax, release, sink, expand) at all times. Like a water hose, the entire length of the hose needs to be clear, open and untwisted in order for water to make it from source to sprayer. The human body is the same. ALL parts [joints] need to be released from foot to fingers. 

I carried that theme throughout my Round [left side]. 

I focused on the principle of  Zhong Ding:

1. At the end of the posture. 

2. Throughout the transition from one posture to the next.

Notes:

I saw Bob and Mike on the beach to talk to. Then a number of regular beach walkers and a bunch of vacationers and tourists.

On the way back home I stopped to talk to David and Tonya. 

1/2 back I realized I was late for my 8-9 am Friday video chat with Sensei Jeff....

Dang daylight savings time!!