Thursday, June 15, 2023

Wednesday and Thursday Practice

 

Looking east from the deck at sunrise

Wed. Practice:

On the deck in the wonderful early morning sunlight, fresh air, birds singing, complete solitude....Perfect setting for inner cultivation! With Gratitude and Appreciation!!

I did a full Warm Up, followed by a Round (right side). Followed a round of Bagua Zhang (1st Yin Fu Set), Nihanchi Kata and Anyo Dallawa.

[I plan on writing and shooting a bit more about my current 'Warm Up'. FYI - I consider the initial steps to my practice (i.e. the Warm Up) an integral to achieve 'correct thinking/feeling' and to eventually not have to 'think' at all. Eventually all the individual skills become second nature and automatic (unconscious competency). With repeated iterations, the practice will transform the body, mind and spirit.]

Thursday Practice:

I had a doctors appointment in Amherst. So I practiced in the driveway before I left. I started with a Round of T'ai Chi Broadsword (single) a brief Warm Up and a Round (right side). It was time to leave....