Sunday, August 20, 2023

Sunday Practice

 

Lately I've been drawn to Holding The Moon while standing on a Bosu Ball. 

In celebration of this beautiful day I'd like to take a moment to express my intention with writing these daily practice posts. These are simply an effort by me to journal various elements (Frankly, whatever pleases me) of my daily practice. I've turned these posts into an integral part of my daily practice. I'm finding it beneficial. I've learned a lot by looking back on posts from the past. I think I started posting to this Blog back in 2009 ish? Back then I was still teaching full time and this Blog was more compiling information a receptacle for videos (Flip back then) and photos. When I look back...I'm glad I filmed and took as many photos as I did! 

Once a 'time or 'era' passes......It's gone forever! Take youth for example;^) 

Anyway, I'm happy your enjoying taking my Daily Practice Journey (DPJ) with me. Thanks for looking!

Tell me a little about yourself.

Email Sifu

Today's DPJ:

I practiced on the deck this morning; I wanted to practice to classical music, drink tea and take a few photos, so there was too much 'stuff' involved to practice elsewhere. Plus it's a spectacular day;^)

I started this morning with Holding The Moon on a Bosu Ball.

 Then I used the Bosu Ball as the center of my Bagua Walking Circle and proceeded to practice the #1 Change of the Second Yin Fu (Bagua Zhang) Set. 

I then went on to The 10+

- During #2 I emphasized the slap on the IT Band > Transferring through the connective tissue and having an effect on the opposite arm and then the opposite leg too. Think hanging balls when ball hits on either end the other end moves. Interesting theory....

- Afterwards I did a full Deck Railing Stretch. I'm getting to some hip and quad stretches that I'm needing. Good results from approaching this for past couple of weeks.

- I performed 10 reps of #8 against a corner; Keeping my back relatively straight and feeling the tailbone curl under at the bottom. So far I'm getting away with adding the straight back and lower end position, my knees appear to be tolerating the lowness. Perhaps adding the Deck Railing Stretches are helping?

- During #6 (kick-ups) I emphasized the mildly stretching the skin and connective tissue in my torso/hips/shoulders.

- I substituted the FaJin version of #9 today. This is a version that I did regularly for years. Lately I've been using the Single Leg Standing Set from Cheng Bagua Zhang. 

- I finished my Qigong Warm Up with The Three Swings and The Song Gong Series.

I did a Round (left side) to Classical Music. It's Sunday morning practice and I'm thinking of Master Paul (I'm serving tea too;^) and Sifu Ray. 

In solidarity with all other practitioners........I practice!


During my Round, I adjusted a few things about how I've been vocalizing The Classics while I practice. The main adjustment was to my intent and grammar. I want to say that I AM_____(fill in the blank), as opposed I WILL BE or INTEND TO BECOME.

 For example:

 "Ch'i permeates my bones"

*The idea is that it's already happened, I'm not evoking it to happen at some point in the future.....

It's already transformed!

 (Inner Alchemy)