Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Thursday Practice

 

              Standing Meditation on a Bosu Ball. Excellent training! The view doesn't hurt either;^)

My assistant Echo's really good at standing still....and attentive too, although he could relax more. Especially when he see's or smells the local deer herd!

I practiced on the deck again this morning. I started with a full Warm Up using the Bosu Ball when appropriate and Hun/Haah Breathing too. I moved on to do a Round (right side). 

I mostly focused on feeling my Chi and Yi coming into my center (Hun sound) and then extending out to my extremities (Haah sound).

I also focused on adjusting my rear hand position during the kick sequence to have better balance. 

Towards the end I focused on Mind, No Mind - Letting my trained unconscious mind do the Round.

After the Round I did a Standing Meditation session. Focusing on Heavenly Circulation and Hun/Yin Breathing. 

Afterwards I did a Spear session after watching the Spear video seminar with Sifu Ray. I attempted to re-create the 2nd Section (coiling/sticking) but I didn't have much success. I'll need to watch the video again and have a session with a partner....Jeff?

I then did a review of the Tai-Chi Broadsword Form using Master Liang's Broadsword, afterwards I did a left side 'Push the Blade' practice, then a couple of rounds of the Pakua Knife Form that I learned from Dr. Leung Kay-Chi. I'm adjusting that form because there's a few moves like the butterfly kicks and the super low stances that I shouldn't do in my 70's (and beyond). 

*Adjusting forms as we age is essential to continue to practice them.  

Practicing my Spear Jab to a target

Tea with Master Paul....Looking towards Deer Mountain.