Sunday, September 24, 2023

Sunday Practice


                         "Golden Rooster Stands On One Leg" from Yin Style Bagua Zhang.

Choose your path and follow it with heart

                                                       Is the thought of the day!

I practiced outside on The Deck this morning. It's Sunday morning so I'm practicing while listening to classical music and drinking green tea (Dragons Well) in solidarity with Masters Paul and Ray. Thinking of you guys!

During this mornings session I was focusing on 'calibrating' my frequency (tuning in) attempting to vibrate at the same frequency as nature and the universe itself. 

I was also contemplating string theory; A vibration created by my voice box can affect the inside of a star on the other side of the universe! Really?? 

I do think that vocalizing things like The Tai-Chi Classics while I'm practicing, is starting to have an effect on the standard that I'm able to apply to my practice, with much less conscious thought;

The Four F's

*Form* - and all it's details

*Function* - Both martial and health

*Feeling* - Gestalt

Initially the feelings of the applications while performing the Solo Form

(on an imaginary opponent)

*Forgetting* - 'IT' is so well trained that 'IT' no longer takes conscious thought

(Thinks learning to drive a standard shift a car or motorcycle) 

  Reaching the level of 'forgetting' is critical in things like music and martial arts. 

'Forgetting' is a frequency 

'Forgetting' is a very evolved state of being

'Forgetting' is: Mind / No Mind


Next I practiced drum set out in The Barn on my Tama's with the RokSteady device that I bought recently on the snare drum. I couldn't get the clamp to work on the Eames Monster with DieCast rims but I did get the clamp to work on my Premier 2000 which also has the Premier version of DieCast rims. I think the clamp was designed to be used on a flange type rim. I did get it to work simply lying it on the head of my Eames Monster with good accuracy.

I had a really good practice for time and feel. I'll be doing more practice sessions with this device on my snare drum.