Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Tuesday Practices

 

          This is the group at the Bagua for Health seminar last Sunday morning; Walking on thin ice!

I went in to The Studio this morning to teach T'ai Chi Ch'uan and Qigong class from 8-9:30. We worked on empty stepping 100/0, 90/10 and 80/20, progressing to Tai-Chi stepping. We worked only on the lower body, arms hanging at the sides. 

After greetings, I started class with a full Warm Up, explaining a few exercises along the way. Notably #9 and additional suggestions and explanation of 'muscle lock' as opposed to 'bone lock'.

After several lines of empty stepping and a short water break we did a Round (right side).

After class I did several rounds of Tai-Chi Jian (straight sword) with Read and Janee. I explained the stances that I'm using that are also found in the Tai-Chi solo form.

Next I went to the YMCA for a round of Cybex, picked up a couple of 'bowls' at Tito's for lunch then back home to Leyden.

Johan is coming at 3:30 to estimate the deck for Trex decking. Oh boy!