Monday, November 27, 2023

Monday Practice

 

The Photo:

Sunrise at 6:57 high tide at 8:41, cold (40's) with a N N/W breeze. Not much beach (hard packed sand) to practice on. But the drizzly. cold, high tide surely kept the riff raff off the beach! 

I decided to use my Sony mirrorless camera this morning. This model does not have a view finder but only the display to frame your photo. The same model with a view finder was another few hundred dollars to I decided against in. This is my first mirrorless camera and I'm liking it pretty well. I do miss having a view finder though. Next time?

The Practice:
There was  barely enough beach to practice on. I can do my warm up on a small patch of dry sand but when it comes to the forms I need more space. 
I started with a full Warm Up using The 10+
Next I did a Round (right side) focusing on cultivating natures energies. Realizing that I am an integral part of what I was seeing and feeling. Listening to the sounds of the ocean, wind and birds, seeing the sunrise, feeling the wind, smelling the sea mist, I become part of the scene, as much as the water, wind and waves.
I had a profound feeling of connection to nature this morning.
After my round I reviewed Sunsu and Anyo II (Dalawa)
When I came home Echo escaped through the open garage door. It took 20-30 minutes for GG to catch him....Finally!