Sunday, November 19, 2023

Sunday Practice

 

Sunrise was at 6:51 this morning. Very light breeze N N/W just enough to keep the no-see-um's away. Low tide was at 7:03 so there was plenty of hard packed sand to practice on. I ended up doing my warm ups in near enough to the water to encounter some 'quick sand'. I kept moving to find solid ground. 


After taking few photos I started with a full Warm Up using The 10+ Exercises. I've been adding Tai-Chi Ruler variations at the beginning after Lifting up to the Heavens and Down towards the Earth. 

I did the original #9 and then some legs only to get a better stretch.

Next I used Holding the Moon (above) for a Standing Meditation session.

Afterwards I did a Round (right side) focusing on expanding and contracting, opening and closing and feeling Jin starting at my feet and forming in my fingers.

Next I did a Healing Qigong.

Afterwards I did #4 Anyo and Seiuchin Kata before coming back to the house to develop the photographs and write about my practice experience.


The second day that I've gone through the difficulty of bringing a camera and tripod down to the beach to shoot the sunrise, birds and anything else that catches my eye!