Thursday, November 23, 2023

Thanksgiving Day Practice

 

The Photo: A squadron of Pelicans skim the water on their way south.........Sunrise at 6:54, and high tide at 5:05 it was in the 40's with a cold wind coming in from the north. This was the coldest morning yet. I dressed for it with three top layers, sweat pants, gloves and a felt hat with ear flaps. Brrr!

                     Just before sunrise the color was surreal.....Support you local sunrise!


I wasn't cold once I started to exercise.....I did keep my back to the wind and my neck covered. Brrr!

I started with a full Warm Up. I've been regularly taking the time to do a full warm up without skimping on repetitions or individual exercises. I've been using The 10+ Exercises with variations that include additional stretching and Standing Meditation Postures. 

This morning I used Hun/Haah, HuiYin Breathing activating The Heavenly Circulation during many of the Qigong Warm Ups. 

After the warm up I did a Round (left side) focusing on not overthinking, I used Hun/Haah - HuiYin Breathing throughout the Round. Again I found myself contemplating this notion of 'free will'; Is there such a thing? I also reflected on using conscious mind vs relying on my unconscious mind and simply observing that the principles are intact even when I'm not consciously activating the principles. Going from conscious training (Yang training) to unconscious training (Yin training), is a challenging transition. When you attempt to 'do less' it can feel like you're not doing enough. Oy!! It's imperative that you consciously direct your body with your mind, but once that gets trained it's super important to then 'get out of the way' and let it happen. 

Universal Principle: Overthinking ruins everything!