Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Tuesday Practice

 

The Photo:
It was a very colorful and cold (40's) sunrise with a cold north breeze, this morning. 
I shot this image just before Sunrise which was at 6:58. I find that the best color is consistently before the sun rises, the problem is how difficult it is to actually get out on the beach and set up to capture it. I'm doing the best I can. If I get to much more disciplined I'll end up not wanting to do it at all; Not good!

The last low tide at 3:45 so the tide was coming up which is my favorite type of tide; Low enough but coming up slowly. I love watching the tide slowly inching it's way up the beach. I realize the the changing tide is due to the bubble created in the ocean by the pull of the moon and the sun. The earth is rotating while the moon and sun are stationary, giving the illusion that the ocean is coming in and out, but in reality it's just the gravitational bulge caused by the sun and moon. I find the rapidly changing conditions on the beach to be the most visible and accessible earth changes available. I find practicing on the beach at sunrise very helpful for inner cultivation.

Because of the cold (I'm guessing) there were very few folks on the beach. Yay!!

The Practice:
There was plenty of hard packed sand on the beach to practice on this morning. The tide was coming up which is my favorite kind of tide. It keeps me on my toes trying to keep my sneakers dry; If I space out, my shoes get wet. That's fun?
I started with a full Warm Up using The 10+. I've doing a leg, hip, waist stretch using a single leg squatting shifting from right to left and visa versa without coming up. I've been getting some really good results and feeling from this. I find it's easier to 'tune in' to the Kua when I don't involve my upper body. Surprise, surprise!!
Next I did a Round (left side). Lately I've been very involved with connecting to nature's energies and sometimes I slip from left to right. I notice it when I'm entering into and doing Wave Hands. It's easy enough to switch back and it's good fodder for stating equanimous when you notice something isn't going as planned. Really good stuff right there. Just "Let It Be"! Very good check for the ego!

After my Round I did a bit of Standing Meditation

Here I am using Play Guitar to connect to and cultivate natures energies. 
For me.....The Chi of the earth is palpable at sunrise on the beach; Between the sun, the clouds, the wind, the tides, the beach, sea smells, the birds and people; 
The beach is one of the most dynamic, quickly                changing environments on the planet. 
                 Perfect for internal practices! 
                                        With gratitude and appreciation!

Next I reviewed Anyo #3 (tatlo) and Seisan Kata.
Followed by a Healing Qigong.

On the way back to the house I ran into Dave (the pilot) for a chat about the Sega Palm and another women on 22nd Ave.
Interesting how friendly those folks were this morning. I needed that!
                                                                    How I start my day! 
                                                         With gratitude and appreciation!!