Friday, December 8, 2023

Friday Practice

The Photo:

Sunrise was at 7:06, high tide at 5:03 with very light breeze from the north. If there was a little less wind the nsum's would have been pesky. I only felt one on my face. I dressed for a sunrise more like yesterday (Brrr) so I was very overdressed. I ended up taking my hoodie off and the next layer too! I brought gloves and a ear muff hat but I didn't need any of that. 

The Practice:

After setting up my rig, I took a few sunrise photos:


Interspersed with shooting the sunrise I started with a full round of The 10+  There's so much benefit to derive from these simple Qigong and Neigong (s). IMO, If the principles aren't present in these exercises....Well, they probably aren't going to be present anywhere else either! An important part of my Warm Up is to get the mind to be paying attention to some specific stuff without 'overthinking' about 'it'. Eventually one would like all the principles to be present without any conscious thought. 

This morning I was tuned in to the earth breathing in and out, through my bubbling well points in my feet. My feeling was as if I was a balloon deflating and inflating. I could feel my skin expanding in all directions during the inflation as well as the spacing at my joints expanding and the connective tissue on both sides of my joints slightly stretching. On the inhale (deflating) I could feel a similar stretch just in the opposite direction. Very interesting mental focus. It helped with several principles like my body feeling very light and connected (like a string of pearls)

Notes:

Paul stopped to chat. He was on a bicycle this morning. He was very chatty this morning. Talked about his work and the count down to retirement. I think he said 41 months, so many days, hours etc. He's pumped about retirement. I wished him well. I fine the transition to retirement a difficult transition to navigate. For the first time you have to set your own schedule and you get to spend all your time with your teammate (wife or partner).....That will be a huge transition for the busy, heavily scheduled work life. Watch you habits!!