Monday, December 11, 2023

Monday Practice

 

The Photo:

Sunrise was at 7:08 with high tide at 7:14. It was cold (50's) with a strong N N/W wind. There was just enough beach to practice on. I had a bunch of technical and physical difficulties again this morning including the wind knocking my tripod over with my good Cannon camera spilling out of it's case onto the beach. Oy! Then I got an error message when I went to download the card. I restarted my computer and it was able to read the card. Oy!!


The Practice:

I put my hood up and my back to the wind and just started with The 10+ for a warm up. 

Next I did a Round (right side) focusing on cultivating the natural energies that were all around me at sunrise on the beach. I also focused on expanding and contracting using silent Hun/Haah breathing. I felt very expanded during my Ward Off's.

Next I reviewed Anyo Pito (form #7) and Sunsu Kata focusing on full extension and relaxed balance.

 Next I used my Dragon Canes to review double stick basics in a line using stance work.

Then I noticed that my tripod had been blown over by the wind and my good camera was on the beach. Oy!!