Saturday, January 13, 2024

Saturday Practice

 

Another total wash out, cloudy and grey sunrise this morning.

                  I caught a small splash of color just after sunrise....It was only there for a moment!

The Photo:

The sunrise was at 7:19, high tide at 10:06 it's 70 at the house, perhaps a bit cooler on the beach with a pretty steady east breeze.

The Practice:

I did a full warm up using The 10+ focused on 'opening' my entire body and connecting it with alignment and release (song) as well as relaxed balance throughout the session. 

Next I did a Round (right side) focused on the principles (above) and connecting to the horizon. I had a profound connection to natures energies and the people around me (birds too!). 

Next I reviewed Anyo Apat (#4) and Wansu Kata tuning in to the quality of my basics and relaxed balance throughout. I had more focus (snap) on my punches and full extension of my kicks. 

Next I reviewed Tai-Chi Jian form with a dragon cane reciting the names of postures out loud. 

Next I did cane basics; All three variations on The 12 Angles of Attack, Double Zero, and Abanico Double Action.

I finished with a healing qigong before returning to the house. 


The Practice: