Saturday, February 10, 2024

Saturday Practice - Lunar New Year - The Year of the Dragon

 

I wish I had brought my camera rig. I didn't think is would be this nice! Oy!! I shot this with my phone.

I'm using my Walking Cane to measure the damage to the beach. At least I have a 'shelf' to practice on that is protected from the high tide wave action. Oy! I suspect the Atlantic will eat the shelf too! Oy Vey!!


The Details:

The sunrise was at 7:08, high tide at 8:56. It's 59 here at the house. There was very little wind on the beach. I have Echo and house duties this morning. I arrived on the beach just before sunrise. The tide was coming up and overnight the Atlantic ate a bit more of the beach. It was notable around the footing of the walkover. The constant erosion is certainly concerning and does not bode well for the future;^(...

The Practice:

I did a full warm up using The 10+ right on the beach. As time went on and the tide came up, the waves worked their way up the beach to the 'shelf'. 

I retreated to the shelf for my Round (left side) focused on my 'frequency', I tuned myself in to the big amplifier, The Atlantic Ocean and the horizon, the birds, the sea mist, the Earth, the beach, the Sun.....I became profoundly connected to natures energies. I became one with nature. 

Breathing in the sea is in me

Breathing out I'm in the sea

Next I did a round of Anyo Anim and Sunsu Kata focused on correct extension and agility

Next I used my Walking Cane to do a round of Taiji Broadsword focused on flow and agility