Sunday, February 11, 2024

Sunday Practice

 

            A ray of color (hope?) bursts out of the heavy cloud cover at the horizon and then it was gone!

The Details:

The sunrise was at 7:07, high tide at 9:45. It's 67 here at the house. Slight breeze coming out of the south. It was a pleasant temperature and wind to practice. Yay!

The Practice:

The tide was coming up but at sunrise there was enough lower beach to practice on. The sand was loose but semi-stable unless I stood on one leg for too long. The kicks were challenging.

I started with a full warm up using The 10+ focused on opening my body, moving fluids (blood, lymph, cerebral spinal fluid), relaxed balance (zhong ding), spiraling my spine (#6) and alignment and release (song)

Next I did a Round (right side) focused on using three positions for my press's. During Part I I pressed against my forearm (there's only 1 press in Part I). During Part II I pressed against my wrist (my preference) and in Part III I pressed against my palm (my second favorite). I also focused on my the path that my Jin takes from foot to fingers (Jin Lu). I also felt a connection internally and externally with a profound connection to natures energies. 

Next I did a round of Anyo Walo and Sanchin Kata focused on good basics and adjusting my techniques in both forms.

Next I did around of Taiji Cane with my walking cane. I did this form on both sides

I finished with a Healing Qigong before returning to the house. I have Echo duty and grocery shopping to do this morning. 

Notes:

I've been doing a fair amount of strength training and weapons training at the house the past few days. I missed the gym on Friday so I decided to do strength training with a similar intensity here at the house with my push up bars, dumbbells, TRX straps and resistance bands. I came up with some 'epiphany' techniques. Improvising and flowing out of known techniques variations and evolution takes place. I kept coming back to the 'original'. I've also been doing several dog walks per day and I'm still getting to the beach to practice at sunrise. Yay!