Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Tuesday Practice

 

First shot with my Sony camera

The Details:

The sunrise was at 7:05, last low tide was at 5:24. It's 64 here at the house. It was pleasant on the beach with a mild but steady breeze from the north. The tide was such that there was plenty of hard packed sand to practice on.

The Practice:

I started with a warm up using The 10+ I did a few less reps of the beginning few and then around 1/2 way through I started to do the full deal. I've added deep Zen Dashi to help release my hip flexors and glutes. I've also added 3 reps of the introduction to the Taiji Form during Song Gong. I feel that I'm getting more out of those reps than I was of the standard exercise. I've been incorporating them into my warm up for the past week or so.

Next I did a Round (right side) I focuses on the changes that I'm making; Adjusting my press' from forearm to wrist to palm in each Part respectively. I also focused on the changes at the end of the form and feeling expand and contract throughout the form.

Next I did a round of Anyo Dalawa and Seisan Kata focused on agility. I've been using every opportunity to sink down into all crossed leg stances (to help release my hips and add resilience to my knees, ankles and feet).

Next I did a round of Taiji Jian using my Walking Cane...I'm finding it interesting and a bit more playful, novel with the added weight, length and balance point.

I finished with a Healing Qigong as I returned to the house.

Note:

I've been walking Echo down to the Saxon Trail a couple of times per day. I've been taking my Walking Cane and doing a bit of basics practice along the way. I'm also doing a bit of Standing Meditation as I wait for Echo to finish sniffing and marking his 'Kingdome'. Marking is very important in the dog world;^)