Friday, March 1, 2024

Friday Practice - Day 8,281

About 20 minutes after sunrise the sun did break through the heavy cloud cover. It was one of those Yin/Yang sunrises. Heavy cloud cover to the north, less so to the south with the sun peaking through and opening in the clouds = Yin/Yang Sunrise.
 

The Details:

The sunrise was at 6:49, low tide at 6:54. It's 66 here at the house. It was initially another washout of a sunrise. Although the sun did break through the clouds eventually. There was a light breeze from the S S/E.


The Practice:

I started with a round of The 10+ tuned in to opening my body and enjoying the ability to move through them without pain of discomfort. These qigong exercises are wonderful when they are used prophylactically. Bow to GM Leung Kay-Chi for teaching them to me back in 1979, they have served me well. When I was teaching full time I used to do them multiple times per day. I'm down to once per day and they still work well. According to Dr. Leung towards the end of life (old age) they are super important. If you learned them from me and if you would like to stay healthy, I would encourage you to do them regularly. 

I enjoyed being able to do The 10+ pain free in my 70's! That's one of the goals in longevity training. Still being able to move your body pain free. There's a lot of luck and regular prophylactic exercise needed to have that experience. 

With gratitude and appreciation!!

Next I did a Round (left side) tuned in to a light energy at the top of my heads and the feeling of release in my neck and shoulders; Shoulders hanging like a suspension bridge. 

"Rub the neck on the collar" 

Next I did a round of Anyo Anim and Kusanku Kata tuned in to agility and opening up my hips with deep cross leg stances (Crane Stances) and deep zen dashi stances.

Next I used my dragon canes to do a round of Taiji Double Dao (Broadsword) again focused on agility and opening up my hips with deep cross leg stances (Crane Stances).

I finished with a Healing Qigong before heading back to the house.

I have a standing video chat with Jeff on Friday mornings from 8-9 am. I totally spaced it out this morning and was pleasantly reminded when my phone dinged at 7:50. We worked a bit on the stance work and angles in Anyo Anim (#6). We were on the same page.