Monday, March 25, 2024

Monday Practice - Wayne and Bobby arrive at noon


I shot this photo with my phone camera shortly after arriving on the beach. Initially it was a a washout with a very heavy cloud bank on the horizon. I've been choosing not to take my 'real' camera and tripod to the beach for sunrise photography; There have been so many 'washouts' over the past few months and the wind has blown over my camera and tripod a few times (I really don't care for that!). Taking a camera rig is also a lot more involved both at the house and coming and going on the beach. But it's the wind that really gives me pause. I really don't like having the wind knock my tripod and camera over....Ugh! 

                                              I shot this when I first arrived on the beach.
 

The Details:

It's 66 at the house. The sunrise was at 7:23, the next high tide is 9:51. I played push-hands (tag) with the Atlantic. I kept my sneakers dry! 

There was very little beach to practice on and only very soft and deep sand. Challenging!!

The Practice:

I ended up practicing up by the sea wall at the Ocean Beach Club at the 22nd Ave walkover.

I had to move further up the beach on a couple of occasions when the dominant wave set threatened to get my sneakers wet. I was playing tag (push-hands) with the Atlantic. That's fun for me! 

I practiced in very soft and deep sand. Challenging for balance!

I started with a full round of The 10+ tuned into adjusting my frequency/vibration to match mother nature. I kept my gaze on the horizon.

Next I did a Round (right side) tuned into being aware of my mental state and adjusting my frequency/vibration to be one with mother nature. 

Next I did a round of Anyo Dalawa and Seisan Kata tuned into stance work, agility and relaxed balance with fully extended kicks and punches. 

I finished with a Healing Qigong as I was returning to the house.

We have a trip to the Orlando Airport at noon to pick up Wayne and Bobby. They will be here until next Monday. I will be adjusting my practices and writings accordingly.