Sunday, March 10, 2024

Sunday Practice - Daylight Savings Starts -

 

I shot this with my phone as soon as I got down on the beach. I thought it would be easier with daylight savings time but getting up at 5:30 old time = 6:30 this morning. I still had the same amount of time to get dressed and get my butt down to the beach by sunrise. Tomorrow morning I'm going to try getting up at 5:30 (daylight savings time) so that I can have a more leisurely morning.

The Details:

It's daylight savings 'spring ahead' this morning. It's 70 at 6:30 here at the house. Sunrise was at 7:40, high tide at 9:32. It was warm with the tide coming in, I played push-hands (tag) with the Atlantic.

The Practice:

I started with a full round of The 10+ tuned in to the benefits that I'm receiving from them. More specifically the subtle changes that I'm feeling as I continue to do them daily at sunrise. It's such a wonderful way to wake up my body, mind and spirit. I contemplated where I was and felt a profound connection to nature and the universe. 

Next I did a Round of Taiji (right side) tuned in to my surroundings and benefits that I've been receiving from doing a Round daily for decades. It's difficult to write about except that I can say it's similar to an elixir that contributes to one's overall appreciation of being a live functioning human being that is healthy and able to move well as we age. If taken regularly a Round a day will provide immeasurable benefit to one's body, mind and spirit.  

                       Heaven - Earth - Man 


 Taiji adds years to your life.

and life to your years.

Next I did a round of Anyo Anim and Kusanku Kata tuned in to the benefits that I'm getting from doing them: Increased agility and a review of the many martial arts applications that are hidden in those forms.

                                                   If you know, you know!

Next I used my walking cane to do a round of Taiji Jian reciting the names as I went through the form. I tuned in to the tip of my cane throughout. 

I'm looking forward to using my swords when I get back to Leyden. Don't blink!!

I finished with a Healing Qigong as I was returning to the house.