Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Tuesday Practice

 

              I was happy that I brought my camera rig. Here's a close up 10-15 minutes before sunrise!

                                         A wide angle taken just after the top image.
       How my day starts when I'm living my best life; Shooting the sunrise and practicing on the beach.
                                                   With gratitude and appreciation!

The Details:

It's 62 here at the house. The sunrise was at 7:37, last low tide at 5:12. There was plenty of beach to practice on, but the tide was coming up. There was a pleasant breeze mostly out of the west. It is still 'spring break' so there were a bunch of tourists on the beach this morning, walking, jogging, shell hunting and just being out there for sunrise to snap a photo or two with their phones. It's all good! Most were respectful and just ignored me. A few passersby even greeted me with a 'good morning'.....How civilized.

The Practice:

I started with a full round of The 10+ tuned in to alignment and release

Next I moved down to the waters edge to play push-hands (tag) with the Atlantic while the tide was coming up; I did a Round (right side) tuned into the feeling of playing Taiji at sunrise on the beach. I kept my eyes on the horizon, breathing in the sea mist, and pondered the waves crashing on the shore. I was able to keep my sneakers dry, although I did have to rapidly move up the beach when the dominant waves came up the beach further than the rest. I love playing tag with the Atlantic; It's fun! With gratitude and appreciation.

Next I did a round of Anyo Walo and Sanchin Kata tuned into the quality of my basics, full extension, agility and more snap in my strikes.

Next I used my dragon canes to do a full Cane Warm Up followed by Arnis and Taiji basics tuned into the health benefits to my hands, wrists, forearms, shoulders and the sense of whole body movements and a review of the martial applications. I'm getting used to the weight and roughness of the dragon canes. Using different weight canes and staffs is an important aspect in order to obtain the full health benefit that weapons training can offer. Heavier is better unless it's hurting your joints or interferes with your practice. 

I finished with Healing Qigong while returning to the house.

Notes:

Paul stopped by on his bicycle to chat. He was away for work last week. We commiserated about hosting guests.


                                                  White clouds against a blue sky and sunrise.

                                                                           Beach Art
                                                                            Beach Art