Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Wednesday Practice

It was cold and clear. There wasn't a cloud in the sky. I wore everything and I had my hood up. 

I shot this with my phone just as the sun started to peek over the clear horizon.
 

The Details:

It's 51 at the house. The sunrise was at 7:28, high tide at 6:28. The tide was pretty high but there wasn't any wind. The sea was pretty flat. There wasn't a lot of beach to practice on and I got pushed up the beach a few times by the dominant waves as the tide slowly receded. 

The Practice:

I started with a full round of The 10+, tuning in to how marvelous and developmental these simple exercises are. I'm so grateful to have them in my daily repertoire. 

IMHO 

"If it's not in The 10, it won't be anyplace else either"

Next I did a Round (right side) tuned in to the idea of "A trip to paradise" from Master T. T. Liang

I tuned in to the experience of having had the privilege of doing T'ai Chi Ch'uan (Taiji) consistently since 1978. How lucky am I to still be able to practice this marvelous and seemingly limitless art.

With gratitude and appreciation!

After my Round I did a Standing Meditation session using Holding The Moon and Play Guitar Postures. I've been doing a Standing Session after most Rounds these days. It just feels right. I find it very helpful in cultivating an extra-ordinary appreciation of natures energies (cultivation). 

Next I did a round of Anyo Apat and Kusanku Kata tuned in to the agility and health benefits of doing these forms. 

Next I used my wooden katana to do a round of Taiji Cane.

John stopped by to chat on his way north and then again on his way south.

I finished with a Healing Qigong and returned to the house.

In the afternoon I went to the gym for resistance training. I also did a round of the first Yin Fu Bagua Zhang Set and I used the excellent leg stretcher that they have and stayed on it until I stretched out to the 100 mark. It usually takes me 3-5 minutes on the stretcher.