Friday, October 18, 2024

Friday Practice


The Details:

It's 40 at the house. It's forecast to be warmer today. Yay! The sunrise was at 7:08. I've got a 8-9 video call with Jeff, a guitar lesson at 1 and music with the boy'z from 2-4. Busy day!

The Practice:


I started in The Barn with strength training using my TRX Straps, Dumbbells and Push-Up Bars.

Next I went on The Porch to do a round of The 10+ up until #9 and then I went out to my main practice area  to do a round of Yin Fu Linking Palms around my Bagua Poles.

Next I did the Three Swings and Song Gong for #10

Next I did a Round of Taiji (right side) reciting the Taiji Classics during Part I. I felt a profound connection to nature with a TSOM (Tranquil State Of Mind). I was focused on the principle of Counter Balancing and Swimming In Air.

Next I did a brief Standing Post Training (SPT) and Healing Qigong

Next I did a round of Anyo Apat (#6) tuned into the sequence and applications.

Next I did a round of Kusanku Kata focused on consistency, health and agility. The form has many opportunities to practice Zen Dashi Stances, thus the agility that can be derived from continual practice of this Kata as we age.

I'm finishing my practice by writing about it. I've successfully been able to get writing into my daily routine, but I have to say I have that developing the habit write daily has proven to be more difficult than I originally thought it would be. Ha! Like every other pursuit...First it's new! Then it's not new...Then is regular and ordinary. This is the point in the pursuit that you start having inner conversations with yourself questioning whether your are making fast enough progress, because it feels like you're going backwards at times and you become more and more impatient. If you are able to continue to work on 'it' you have the chance of 'it' becoming extraordinary. You will have developed a skill (or an understanding) that takes little to no conscious effort. It will become easier and easier with less and less effort. IF you are able to persist and continue to study (research) and practice. 

We seek to make our practice more and more perfect realizing that perfection is fleeting, so do the best you currently know how to and when you learn a better way, do better. Accept imperfection, but still try for perfection. The best you can.....FYI - This must be in balance in order to continue.