Thursday, January 19, 2023

Sunrise Practice Thursday 1.19.23

 

The Photo:
Warmer with hardly any wind. The tide was pretty far up, the last high tide was 6:19 am. The tide was on it's way down (next low tide's at 12:55 pm). There was enough hard packed sand to practice on. All in all a very peaceful morning;^)

The Practice:
After taking a few shots of the sunrise I proceeded to do my warm ups. I did a full warm up focusing on 'Light and Spirited' movements and stretching the sinew and fascia. Fabulous warm up this morning!!
I then did a Round on the right side. This morning I focused on not overthinking and totally relaxing my mind. Letting the movements flow naturally. 

*Yesterday I had a phone conversation with Sifu Ray. Always good to speak with him. I was hoping he would come to NSB this season but alas he has too many classes that need to be covered. I'll look forward to seeing him in June while he is out east for seminars at The Studio and visiting friends and family out in the eastern part of the state.

Notes:
I saw Mary Kay to talk to. She said she found a physical therapist that she really connected with....Awesome! Love to hear that;^)
I also saw a few of the regulars that were walking but nobody else to talk to on the beach
I did see Ginnie and her dog walking friends on the way back home and stopped to talk to them a bit. There was a woman that was talking to me about the Humpback Whale that was spotted right off shore yesterday morning. Awesome!! 
I also saw my neighbor Al and stopped to talk to him a bit. Commiserating about how fast time is going!! It seems to me that the older one gets the quicker time flies by!!! I'm not alone in that experience.