Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Sunrise Practice Wednesday 1.18.23

 

The Photo:

I had my long lens on this morning, because I wanted to shoot the Falcon 9 Rocket Launch which coincided with the sunrise. Here's what 300mm lens will do to the sunrise. Pretty good of the waves and birds but pretty distorted capture of the sun itself. Hmmmm!

It was warmer this morning (50's) with a slight breeze from the W S/W almost nothing on the beach.

The tide was going down with the next low tide at 11:59am. There was plenty of hard sand to practice on.

At the end of my Round I generally do Standing Meditation. During this mornings Standing training I saw my first Humpback Whale breaching right in front of me, about 1,000 yards of shore. Spectacular!!

 I saw it as a positive omen and sign I was in the right place at the right time doing the right thing. Or simply in The Flow of my Life! Magical it was, pure Magic!!

With gratitude and appreciation.... The Practice:


This was the first Whale breach that I've seen in the 7 years I've been practicing on the beach. It's usually to rough with too much wave action. But this morning it was calm and the little wind there was, was coming in from the west, so the beach was in the lee. 

While I was practicing my Round I noticed that there was someone on the 2nd floor balcony at Las Brisas condominiums that was trying to follow me. She lasted pretty long but then eventually disappeared. 

It must be very frustrating trying to follow through a series of seemingly easy movements. That don't feel that easy when you're trying to do them. It took me 2 years to learn the sequence of the form and decades of practice to start to 'get it'. T'ai Chi Ch'uan is nothing you can acquire instantly. 

To learn T'ai Chi Ch'uan it takes:

1. Time

2. Effort

3. Patience

The ONLY shortcut is consistency and a competent teacher.

I hope that you are enjoying your practice!


Notes:

Lot's of folks on the beach this morning to watch the Rocket Launch. Sunrise was at 7:19am and the Rocket Launch at 7:26. The Rocket Launch was fabulous! I'll post some photos to my personal blog:

 Richard's personal blog