Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Sunrise Practice Wednesday 1.4.23

 

The Photo:

It was warm with the slightest breeze from the south. Tide was going out but almost high, still there was plenty of beach to practice on. 
This flock of birds was heading north to roost I presume. I captured the flock just as it was crossing the sun at the exact moment that the sun breached the horizon. Magical!


The Practice:

I did a full warm up, qigong and a Round of T'ai Chi Ch'uan concentrating on NOT overthinking, but feeling and experiencing where I am and what I'm doing. The connection to nature was MAGICAL!


For you:
Be still
Get comfortable
Breathe deeply and slowly
*Breathe in the new and the fresh, calm, robust health, love and healing energy.....
**Breathe out the old and the used, negative and/or limiting thoughts, injury and/or disease.....


Of note:

First I saw John walking south. We visited for a few minutes. 
Then I was approached by Nicole a new acquaintance. She had seen me practicing T'ai Chi Ch'uan for the past few days and decided to approach me about it. She was in an accident (I presume) and was looking to study T'ai Chi as a way of staying active. We talked about 'it' and then I reviewed Wuji and the Introduction to the form. Talked a bit about vertical alignment and release. Nicole is from Montreal. I suspect she is here on vacation? We'll see if she's at sunrise tomorrow morning. Time will tell...
I love stimulating interest in the internal arts, especially so for those that are need of these arts to maintain or regain ones health. I just love it;^) I only wish it was easier......

On the way back home I ran into Mary Kay and had a conversation with her. She loved the video that GG showed her from our last dive/photography trip to Ocean Frontiers on the East End of Grand Cayman. I love to see our U/W photography and videography stimulate friends and family interest in the undersea world. I just love it....