Thursday, January 5, 2023

Thursday 1.5.23 sunrise practice

 

The Photo:

Just as the sun peaked it's head over the horizon, there was a splash of color and it lite up the ocean.

Warm with a pleasant N N/W breeze, tide was high but still enough beach to practice on.

Very few folks on the beach. I did not see anyone to talk to. Very private and quiet. I had a very relaxing practice.

Support your local sunrise!!


The Practice:

I've been experiencing some difficulty for the past few days, getting up and out of bed at 5:30am. So one solution is staying in that super comfy bed for an extra 15 minutes. The realizing I'm awake anyway and that I will not feel 'my best self' if'n I don't get up in time to make it to the beach to shoot the sunrise and practice internal cultivation arts while the sun is rising. Catch 22! The habit makes you feel like crap if you don't abide by it. The goal is to release into it. You've accomplished the goal; The habit of practicing while the sun is rising. 


The Lesson:

As time goes on, practicing at sunrise becomes a habit that is tough to beat. 

One of life's hacks: A strong morning routine! 


Go for it!! 


 It takes about 60-90 days to form a habit -

Know your 'trigger' 

(that starts the habitual behavior)