Monday, February 13, 2023

Monday Practice


 The Photo:
Cold this morning in the high 40's, with a stiff W N/W wind. Brrrr! I had everything on, ear flap hat, gloves, windbreaker jacket, layers of long sleeved cold weather tops. The tides were low at 8:52 am and high at 1:50 pm. Sunrise was at 7:05 am this morning.
Super heavy cloud bank with hardly any color. It was cold, windy and grey! 
It amazes me how the sunrises are all similar but different. Sometimes colorful other times not so much. It's all good!!

The Practice:
I was only able to get my warm ups and a few photos on the beach and then I had to walk back home to use the bathroom. I finished my practice in the back yard with a Round to a metronome set at 60 bpm with two tones. One for the downbeat and the other for the 1/2 beat. I haven't practiced a Round to the beat for quite sometime. 
It's always good to go back and check how the pace and timing of movements has evolved or devolved. 
There were a couple places I spotted that I felt were not 'in time'. What happens is some movements become emphasized while others tend to be de-emphasized. One of my goals is to make all movements even and equal in emphasis and importance.

I recite out loud, from the T'ai Chi Ch'uan Classic: 

"All movements should be Light and Spirited"




Sifu Roy practicing "Holding the Moon" from I Ch'uans Standing Post Training. My purpose is to review the technical aspects of the posture and to expand my awareness to connect to the energies of nature. To become one with the Tao.

I recite out loud:

"Breathing in through the pores, 
Qi saturates every cell of my being"


I finish with reciting:
                                 "Qi permeates my bones."


                                                            Five walkers at sunrise!

I see this group of walkers most every morning. They have the habit of beach walking at sunrise. Excellent!!