Sunday, February 26, 2023

Sunday Practice








 The Photo:

I couldn't decide this morning so I uploaded a few images that I shot;^) 

I had a tougher than usual time getting my feet on the floor at 5:15 ish. No big deal, but it did take more effort than it usually does. 

It was slightly cooler this morning (high 50's - low 60's). There was a breeze coming from the west but then it shifted to the W N/W. Still it was very pleasant with a light jacket on. Sunrise was at 6:53 and the last low tide was at 7:58 am. There was 100 yards or more from water to dunes. Lot's of hard packed sand to practice on. 


The Practice:

I started my practice as soon as I was ready to get up. My habit is to stretch a little while still in bed. Then to actually get upright I exercise my will, determination and self-discipline. This conscious exercising of ones will and self-disciple is important. Over time, regular exercising of ones will power and self-disciplines will ultimately reinforce the ultimate goal in martial arts training;

 Indomitable Spirit. 

I choose to use getting up early as an exercise to further develop and strengthen my will power and self-discipline.

The self-discipline it takes to get up early sets the tone for the rest of my day. One of the easiest ways to 'live your best life' is to get up and going early in the day. 

Support your local sunrise!!


Notes:

Lot's of tourists and vacationers on the beach this week. Perhaps a little lighter on Sunday.

The county recently opened the Walk Over the Dunes at the end of my street. I really enjoyed the easier access to the beach this morning. Yay!