Monday, March 6, 2023

Monday Practice


 



The Photo:

There was a very heavy cloud bank on the horizon this morning. The sun took about a 1/2 hour to rise over the cloud bank. Not much color this morning.

 It was warm, in the high 60's with no discernible wind. The no-see-um's were ferocious and hangry. They almost stopped me in my tracks. Luckily I had long sweat pants and long sleeved sun shirt on but the little critters kept biting my face, ears and neck. The aggressive no-see-um's made the 'relaxation' aspect of the training a bit of a challenge this morning. But still, I persevered. One of the objectives of internal training is to be able to remain calm not matter what happens on the outside. Easy to say or write but the experience is uncomfortable unless you are able to raise your consciousness to be able to see the discomfort as a tool to reach a higher level. Then everything 'the good, bad and the ugly' can be a teaching moment.

Sunrise was at 6:45 this morning. The tide was coming in with next high tide at 8:22 am, there was very little beach and only super soft sand to practice on. 



The Practice:

The main thrust of my practice this morning was to stay calm and centered as the no-see-um's feasted on me and to do my practice in the super soft sand without hurting my feet, ankles, knee's or hips. 


Notes:

I met Luke the airline pilot yesterday and Janet who is a regular walker  on our street. 

A few regulars to say hi to and the beach.

Lots of tourists and vacationers here for Bike Week and Spring Break.

It was so busy at the beach yesterday afternoon that it reminded me of a midway at a county fair or a 5 mile long tailgate party.