Sunday, March 5, 2023

Sunday Practice



 The Photo:

It was 69 degrees this morning and very still on the beach, not even a wisp of wind. Sunrise was at 6:46 and high tide was 7:40 am. So the tide was coming in and there was very little beach and only soft sand to practice on. Between the soft sand and the no-see-um's, and oh ya lot's of tourists and vacationers, after all it is 'Daytona Bike Week' and 'Spring Break'.

With no wind, the no-see-um's were out in force!! I was happy that I chose to wear long pants and long sleeves because the no-see-um's were ravenous, I was still bitten several times on the neck and face. They made my resolve to practice on the beach, that much stronger. My goal was to stay focused, calm and undeterred. 

Anyway, I persevered and finished my sunrise shoot and health practices on the beach. The no-see-um's were the major challenge.


The Practice:

Yet another sunrise beach practice! It's become a daily routine for me. Although I realize there are very few folks on the planet that have this opportunity. I have much gratitude and appreciation for the opportunity.  My ongoing experiment: What would happen if I were to, practice T'ai Chi Ch'uan (T. T. Liang style) and Qigong (various systems) at sunrise on the beach. I'm curious, what would happen to me inside and outside?? For me this kind of ongoing experiment is very, very interesting and exciting!

In my experience one of the things that will happen is the ordinary will become extra-ordinary over time! [If you can persevere, you can evolve most anything to become ordinary.]

All I can say is that everything 'changes' over time....Everything!! There are NO exceptions.

Just look at the gift of being alive and conscious; Most folks don't even appreciate the simple act of breathing, because it's so dang ordinary. I'm here to say that every breath is a gift to be appreciated. Believe me the moment you cant's get the next breath will be a moment of realization that every single breath is a gift. Appreciate it!!


Notes:

There was a lot of vacationers on the beach this morning. I guess between Bike Week and Spring Break and of course the super hot weather we've been getting the crowds are coming out of the wood work. 

Our dog Lucy was having an episode with her balance this morning. So I needed to get back to the house to help out with her.