Monday, March 13, 2023

Monday Practice

 The Photo:

Stormy Monday!

No sunrise on the beach this morning. I got up at 5:30 am to thunder and lightning. We're going to have storms off and on, all day long. They are predicting 2" of rain when all is said and done.

For me thunder and lightning is a no no on the beach. I'll be practicing outback this morning, unless I hear thunder or see lightning, then I'll retreat to an inside practice spot.

PS - I finally made it to the beach after the storm passed. I figured that it's better to 'late, than never'. Yup! 

The Photo continued:
It was totally socked in this morning. I managed to catch a little glimpse of sunlight peaking through the think cloud cover. Stormy!!

The Practice:

I'm focused on consistency this morning and exercising my flexibility in regards to when and where I'll do my practice. I way prefer to practice on the beach but alas IF you intend to stay consistent with a daily practice (of anything) you will eventually have to re-negotiate with yourself about when, where and how (intensity) you will do it. Sometimes it's pretty uncomfortable. As with all growth experiences, being ok with being uncomfortable occasionally, is essential. 

If it's not uncomfortable today...Yippee! But don't get too complacent, because if you keep going, a 'harder day' is coming! It's a universal truth.

In order to keep going, you will need to exercise your will,  this will serve to strengthen your commitment and dedication.  As you persevere through the low point,  you will eventually cycle around to an easier and more satisfying session. The cycling of progress up and down, good and bad, productive and not so productive is a universal truth, no matter the endeavor. 

This morning I was also observing and monitoring (from a third party perspective) what my mind-intent was attending too.

Like juggling principles, yes pay attention to every single ball, but not too much for too long. It's easier with juggling balls because if you do loose track of one of them, it will simply fall to the ground. Often in the case of principles while practicing there is NO awareness that the principle is no longer being exercised. 

PS - I did my full warm ups on the covered porch area and then started my Round (left side) on the patio. After part I it had stopped raining to I opted to walk to the beach to finish. I took a photo with my phone, as soon as I got to the beach. Then proceeded to finish my Round with Parts II and III. I needed the Ocean Qi this morning. It helped....Slightly!

Notes:

Sad day today. We have a vet coming to the house to put Lucy to sleep. She suffering and we do not want to prolong that for her sake. She's a trouper but I could see it in her eyes yesterday. She was scared and unable to stop coughing and retching and very unstable on her feet. + her heart is enlarged and there's fluid building up in her lungs....It's sad but it's time.