Saturday, March 25, 2023

Saturday Practice

 

The Photo:
It was warmer this morning [60's] and the tide was out. There was plenty of hard packed sand to practice on.
Sunrise was 7:23 and it was low tide at 6:40 am. Very little wind this morning hard to tell the direction but I think is was coming in from the south.

The Practice:

This morning I focused on the smoothness and softness throughout the session. 

Among a myriad of other principles, I remained focused on maintaining Central Equilibrium at all times.

I have several places in my solo form where I still need to be consciously adjusting the timing of my hand/foot movements to maximize the counter balancing of my upper body assisting the balance of my empty stepping. I've got about 90% of my form properly counter balancing but there's still the 10% that I have to consciously focus on. 


Time and awareness = Results

The secret to adjusting/changing something [refining and evolving) is to increase your awareness before it happens without overly anticipating, but calibrating the usage of you mind to attend to the change without over thinking and over anticipating the upcoming change. 

The proper balance of mind/body is needed, in order to effect a positive change, and remain emotionally equanimous. 



Notes:

I saw:
The group of 4 walkers
Melinda and Dave joined me again. It was a clear morning for watching the ball rise up out of the ocean.