Friday, March 24, 2023

Friday Practice

 

The Photo:

I managed to get out to the beach nice 'n early today so I was able to capture the ball rising up from the horizon.

The tide was coming up, there was plenty of hard packed sand to practice on. Sunrise was 7:24 this morning, high tide at 11:42, not good for beach goers but great for early morning T'ai Chi 'ers;^)

 I got there earlier because I needed to get back to the house for an 8-9 am appointment to meet with Sensei Jeff on the internet and I wanted to get a full warm up and my daily Round in on the beach. Last week I spaced out the time difference and I ended up being late for the 8 am meeting by about 1/2 hour....Oy Vey! 

It worked out well this morning. 


The Practice:

This morning I focused on my 'entire body feeling light and spirited' with every movement. 

Filling myself with emptiness. 

I started with this idea/principle in my Standing and Warm Ups and continued throughout my Round [left side]. 

I tuned into the impact and effect that repeated sunrise practices are having on my mind, body and spirit. Profound!

This season [22-23] in NSB is the longest period of time, that I've been able to practice daily, at sunrise near the ocean. The effect on my connection to nature is palpable. Striving to become one with nature, I've become more aware of the natural cycles of tides, sun and moon; They all now influence my practices, as I return to the source. 

With gratitude and appreciation

Although there are days when it is challenging to get up and going in time, the feeling that I get after having completed a sunrise practice is unique and specialized and can only be acquired if you are able to actually be on the beach practicing as the sun rises. I find that an hour either side of sunrise is the best time to practice internal martial arts. 

This morning I did my Warm Ups prior to sunrise and my Round just after. Life is good!


Notes:

I saw:

 Paul the jogger. He said his knee [left] has been bothering him, so he was walking this morning.

The regular group of sunrise beach walkers....There were 3 of them today.

A few less tourists this morning

Melinda and Dave joined me for sunrise and a walk on the beach.

Beautiful weather the past few days.