Monday, April 3, 2023

Monday Practice

 

The Photo:

It was VERY still this morning. So the no-see-um's were out in force. The buggiest morning so far this season. I could barely stand to take a few photos and do my Warm Ups. I was literally getting eaten alive. While I was taking my camera off it's tripod I saw about 20 or 'em on my left hand. Oy Vey!

Sunrise was at 7:12 with the high tide at 8:09 this morning. There was very little hard packed sand to practice on. Between the no-see-um's and the soft sand I came back to the house to do my Round after finishing my Warm Ups on the beach. It was still a little buggy at home but not nearly as bad as the beach.

The Practice:

"Stand like a poised scale and move like a cartwheel"

First in a stationary position or anytime you stop movement or pause in a form your posture should be neutral; Central Equilibrium 

Secondly while moving to access the inner gyroscope, where the feet and the head know where each other are (proprioception) unconsciously at all times.


Notes:

Ginnie and Cheryl came down for sunrise. Not much for a sunrise this morning because of the heavy cloud bank on the horizon and the no-see-um's were fierce. I couldn't even do my Round but I did manage to get my Warm Ups in before coming back to the house to do my Round (left side).